Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hot Mexican Cupcake (revamp)


Once upon a time, there was a cupcake called "The hot mexican." It was a delicious vanilla cake, topped with spicy buttercream and sprinkled with spicy mexican hot chocolate powder. As a matter of fact I have a picture here.



 It was a really great cupcake! And then...

The store where I bought my hot chocolate powder closed down. I can't express my sadness.

Almost a year later I FINALLY recreated the cupcake and I have to tell you...it's better than the original. And I'm an original addict. I love original movies, (remakes are so hard to redo without it being cheesy.) I love orginal Twinkies...you know, the twinkies they made almost twenty years ago, not the twinkies they sell now.

Anyhoo,

Original lover extraodinare over here LOOOOVES the NEW HOT MEXICAN.

Here it is...ready?





Tadaaaa!!

It's a chocolate cake, spicy vanilla buttercream topped with freshly made spicy streusel topping! Yummy! You can purchase this beauty online as a cupcake in a jar or follow us on facebook and you will be the first to know when it pops up as a cupcake of the day!

You can also special order it. (Minimum 6 regular cupcakes.) Sorry this cupcake is not available in minis.

2 comments:

  1. Our family adore your cupcakes. Not sure if you would be willing to share your "to go" vanilla cupcake recipe. I would love to make these for my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The recipe is actually not available anywhere. I created it a year ago and have yet to see it online or in books. I'm in the process of having the recipe made into a boxed cake recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete