Friday, August 26, 2011

Jerk Cupcake

Ever since I joined my best friend to Jamaica to begin filming her Jerk Chicken Documentary I have been obsessed with creating a jerk cupcake. Yes, there is already a spicy cupcake on our menu, "St. Elmo's Fire" but this is a JERK CUPCAKE and it's not just any Jerk seasoning, its WALKERWOODS!!

Real food snobs know that if you're going to eat anything with the word "Jerk" in it, it better be Walkerwoods. I would be lying if I said that I knew anything about jerk foods because I do not. However, I am happily learning.

And today I learned that Restaurant Depot, a wholesale restaurant supplier in Orlando carries Walkerswoods products. I was sad that I didn't see any chutney but I did manage to grab a bottle of their spicy jerk seasoning.

This is what I got:



I haven't decided exactly how I am going to incorporate this into a cupcake but I can't wait to taste the samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment